Monday, February 13, 2006

Worst Shoot EVER. So far. :)

So the other day, (Friday) I was at a shoot for this soap I do here. It's was the last shoot for me, it was supposed to be easy but OH IT SO WAS THE COMPLETED OPPOSITE OF THAT.

I get there at 4 PM to learn the dance I was supposed to do. We get there, and all these extras are being stupid and not cooperative and not learning the dance well. I dunno where they found these ghetto-ass children from, but holy Jesus, I've seen more IQ in the toilet after thanksgiving.

So we dance, we learn (so easy), we practice. And then, WE SIT. AND SIT. AND SIT.

The director is insane (and usually does films) so he's doing 4000 takes of one mob scene. At one point one of the said extras goes crazy method and starts a real fight on set. SO GOOD. Apparently, he's also a gang member, oh I know it's SO good, and so he's all crazy and calls his HOMMIES to come and get his back. This was at around 3 AM mind you. Anger building...

This goes on for like a few more rounds and I am considering smoking out with my friend Barry (shooting as well) just to stay sane. We don't. Saniy slowly slips away...

Uh huh. So at around 5 AM, I'm already completely INSANE COZ A, I've been in makeup for like over 12 hours and B, I've taken two REALLY bad craps already. AND C, the worst, after three bottles of water from the fountain, they told me it was bad to drink from coz it hadn't been cleaned all winter. NIIIIIIICE. Things do suck without SAG.

So, someone comes and tells us that we can leave, they won't get to us tonight. We double check, we get out of makeup and wardrobe. IMMEDIATELY AFTER I'm done putting my clothes on (it's also FREEZING now coz we're shooting at a port town) THEY COME AND TELL US TO GO DOWN TO DO THE SCENE. DANCE, almost 6 AM. They need to get the shot before the sun comes up. NOW, let me remind you that THESE FUCKING IDIOT CHILDREN wouldn't BE ABLE TO GET IT DOWN IN 10 TAKES (which would be ALREADY A MIRACLE) so there was no point really, and they told us we were done. So I grab my pay, tell the PA that he didn't see me, and it was just crazy what they were doing, and left.

It was beyond RIDICS at the point, so. My tired body just couldn't have done it. So Barry and I just fucking left.

WORST SHOOT I'VE EVER BEEN ON. EVER.

Dwat!

Wow, sorry that was negative. It was pretty bad tho...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This reminds me of something... hmm... OH, how about TWO WEEKS of this kind of hell while rehearsing the opera I just did in Providence, RI? I FEEL FOR YOU DANNY. I really, really do.

Plus I'm v worried about your bowel situation. Pls keep me posted. (no private reading pls!)

2/13/2006 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home